Do you sometimes feel pretty grumpy when your alarm clock goes off in the morning? Many women world wide are saying yes! A recent study tells us that not only are women grumpier than men first thing in the morning, but that they (women) also tend to stay in that grumpy mood longer; like up to 4 hours!
But, as Jessica Alexander of the Sleep Council explains, there are some legitimate reasons why 1 in 7 women don’t always approach the morning with a smile. And, if you think about it, it makes total sense. Women shoulder most of the household chores in the morning. “Twenty-eight per cent of women, as opposed to only 5 per cent of men, do any housekeeping before going to work,” she said. “It also tends to be them ((we)) that prepares the breakfast, spends time with the children, check their emails and attend to their beauty regime. Women far outweigh men in having a busy and packed morning.”
What’s exciting is that we have the power to turn around this trend.
- Plan something that gets you excited about your next day.
- Don’t over schedule yourself.
- Get help with stressful chores (have your children / mate pitch in more).
- Create sleep tricks like soothing music or a hot bath to calm yourself nightly.
- Wake up earlier so you can spend time for yourself.
Lauren Hudson is a Reporter, Speaker, Author, & Cancer Survior – Known as “The International Happiness Princess.” For more, visit: http://www.EverythingHappiness.com